In-cosmetics 2016: inspiring product innovation
Having achieved consistent growth over the last decade, the global market for cosmetics and personal care products shows no signs of abating. Its value is expected to reach US$500 billion by 2020 â€“ growth of between 3.5 and 4.5 percent every year â€“ driven in part by demand for natural or organic sun and skincare products.
According to the organisers of the in-cosmetics exhibition, indie brands are driving innovation in the sector, while a new generation of products are being inspired by consumers who are increasingly concerned about energy consumption and water usage.
In-cosmetics is the worldâ€™s leading personal care ingredients event and it takes place in Paris next month (April 12-14). Exhibition director Cathy Laporte says: â€œThe personal care industry is always evolving and weâ€™re entering a new era, led by brands that are creating highly innovative products that meet the demands of modern consumers. Once again, weâ€™ll provide a platform for businesses to learn about the trends shaping the future of the industry through a series of interactive workshops, presentations and our renowned exhibition.â€
Highlights of this yearâ€™s event will include:
- North America in focus â€“ a dedicated US pavilion, plus presentations on the US market and its global impact from Mintel and Kline & Company.
- New interactive features â€“ a Sensory Bar will offer a â€œtry-outâ€ area to encourage visitors to test innovative textures and sensations, and a Formulation Lab will house a purpose-built laboratory on the show floor.
- Educational programme â€“ free-to-attend seminars delivered by high profile speakers from across the globe will focus on crucial scientific and regulatory subject areas, as well as the latest consumer trends.
- Marketing trends â€“ industry topics will be addressed and updates given on the latest trends, statistics and market data. Additionally, a round table discussion will debate the best way to launch â€œgreenâ€ products.
- Innovation seminars â€“ will run for more than 80 hours, featuring presentations from suppliers of the latest products, ingredients and technologies.
- Exhibition booths â€“ 700 exhibitors will showcase their latest ingredients. For instance, Fuji Sangyo Co. will present a new eyebrow growth tonic containing 20 percent fuji mulberry root extract that is effective after four weeks; SILABwill showcase a natural anti-ageing active ingredient that is capable of regenerating the structure of collagen fibres; Naturalea will showcase Crownhealth Gherkin, an innovative botanical extract that is ideal for sunburn relief, facial and body repair creams, and Omya will present its latest development for whiter, healthier-looking teeth.
- The Innovation Zone â€“ more than 80 products will be displayed, all recently launched and produced using ground-breaking ingredients and technologies. And Mintel will showcase the products it believes will shape the future of the personal care market, highlighting three particularly promising growth areas â€“ water conservation, wearable technology and energy-centric formulations.
- The Fragrance Zone â€“ 40 fragrance manufacturers will be on hand in to discuss the latest trends, formulation challenges and consumer buying behaviour.
Cathy Laporte concludes: â€œWe look forward to welcoming professionals working in the development or formulation of products, business development and regulatory affairs, as well as buyers and consultants from across the global personal care market to Paris in April.â€
The event will take place at the Paris Expo in Porte de Versailles, Paris, from 12-14 April. For more information and to register for free tickets, visit the show website.