Coty enters social selling market with Younique

 

Coty has entered into a partnership with leading online peer-to-peer social selling platform Younique.

Under the proposed agreement, Coty will acquire 60% of Younique, while founders Derek Maxfield and Melanie Huscroft will retain the remaining 40%.

The partnership will combine Younique’s high growth business model with Coty’s beauty product R&D and innovation know-how, as well as its extensive manufacturing and supply chain capabilities.

Younique’s innovative make-up and skincare products are sold through its disruptive peer-to peer e-commerce platform, which enables Younique’s community of independent presenters to leverage social media in marketing and distributing the products directly to consumers.

Camillo Pane, Coty’s Chief Executive Officer, says: “Derek and Melanie are tremendous entrepreneurs who have built one of the most engaging and fastest growing e-commerce companies in beauty. Alongside the rest of Younique’s team and in partnership with their presenters, they have been able to impact the lives of millions of consumers across a number of countries with a mission to uplift and empower women. We look forward to working with them to continue supporting this mission and building Younique into a leading global e-commerce beauty company.”

Recommended

Garnier launches first major mass market shampoo bar

Festive cracker of a campaign for Baylis & Harding

Popular

Skincare training for pharmacy

How to advise on head lice

Understanding the impact of dry skin conditions



We use essential, performance, functional and advertising cookies to give you a better web experience. Find out how to manage these cookies here. We also use Interest Based Advertising Cookies to display relevant advertisements on this and other websites based on your viewing behaviour. By clicking "Accept" you agree to the use of these Cookies and our Cookie Policy.